We are proud to offer easy-to-access training resources for healthcare administrators, physicians and other medical staff across the country. For information on upcoming conferences, live courses and events, click here
CTRC Video Library
The CTRC Just In Time Video series can be viewed in our video library HERE.
Free TRC National Webinar Series
Every month one of the 14 Telehealth Resource Center’s present a topic of current interest in telehealth. Join us on the third Thursday of every month. You can find the link to the current webinar here. To view past webinars, please click here
Free eHealth Broadband Adoption Online Training
UC Davis, in partnership with the California Telehealth Network, is pleased to provide educational opportunities to further eHealth adoption. The training curriculum is designed to support the transition to technology-enabled health and health care.
- California Telehealth Network Orientation (Four Lessons):
Provides an overview of the CTN; details the benefits of membership with the CTN, and outlines how to best utilize CTN services.
- Telehealth (24 Lessons):
Examines strategic planning, technical and clinical details, and legal and regulatory information related to telehealth programs.
- Electronic Health Records/Health Infor-mation Exchange (EHR/HIE) Adoption (12 Lessons):
Examines the technical and systemic issues related to EHR/HIE adoption, and explores the integration of EHR/HIE/eHealth technology in relation to successful transitions to technology-enabled health delivery.
- Change Management (Eight Lessons):
Explores the theories and approaches to change management from the organizational as well as the community lens. The course focus is on what is required to attain systems change – partnership, cross-system impacts of e-health adoption, and multi-layered change at the staff, organization, consumer and community level.
- Consumer Health Informatics (Six Lessons):
Explores the development and implementation of computer and telecommunications applications and interfaces designed for use by health consumers, i.e., patients.
- Clinical Health Informatics (Six Lessons):
Explores aspects of how acquisition, storage, retrieval and use of information can enhance the quality of care, reduce the costs of delivery and address population health issues.
- Broadband Adoption (Four Lessons):
Provides a basic understanding of broadband technology and examines the importance of broadband in health care. The course reviews initiatives under way to increase the availability of broadband in California and to access broadband services.
Click here to access the UC Davis/California Telehealth Network trainings
Evidence-Based Professional Training & Consultation for Best Practices in Telemental Health
The TeleMental Health Institute is dedicated to training practitioners who seek evidence-based professional training in telepsychiatry, telepsychology, online therapy, distance counseling, and behavior analysis with continuing education hours (CEs) and continuing medical education (CMEs) approved by APA, AMA and other professional groups. All courses also applicable to coaches.
All training is 100% online, through your desktop or mobile device. 30-Day Money Back Guarantee / Monthly Installment Plan
Staff Certification Programs
In partnership with the National School of Applied Telehealth, CTRC and the SETRC offer four accredited telemedicine certificates for Clinical Presenters, Telemedicine Coordinators, and Telehealth Liaisons. All of the certifications are provided online in an interactive platform with video instruction and are developed to prepare team members for their role in the telehealth program. All participants are also eligible to obtain Continuing Education Units (CEUs) when completing the certifications.
The cost of each course is $249.00
Certified Telemedicine Clinical Presenter (CTCP)
The Certified Telemedicine Presenter course is designed to provide graduates with the skills necessary to correctly and confidently present patients during virtual encounters with physicians and a variety of specialists. The Clinical Presenter certification includes education on areas such as:
- Telemedicine clinical applications: “live interactive” and “store and forward” options
- Patient consultation: Before, during and after
- Attributes of a successful telemedicine program and the promotion and advancement of telehealth
- Telemedicine data and follow-up
Certified Telemedicine Coordinator (CTC)
The Certified Telemedicine Coordinator course is a preparatory class that educates participants on the crucial steps for successfully implementing, coordinating, and managing a telehealth program. The online course includes instruction on the following:
- Patient site and remote staff roles & responsibilities
- Program best practices
- Billing procedures
- The steps for credentialing
- Attributes of a successful telemedicine program
Certified Telehealth Liaison (CTL)
This certification is designed so that its graduates will have the Telehealth skills and knowledge required to successfully serve as a leader, promoter, and marketer in the Telehealth industry. The online course includes instruction on the following:
- Defining the Presenting/Patient Site and Provider Site
- Identifying the technology equipment required and connectivity requirements for Telehealth Services
- Describe the privacy standards brought about by the Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act (HIPAA)and its relevance to telemedicine
- Steps for marketing telehealth and identify the different groups/organizations to target
- Strategies for overcoming increased adoption of telemedicine
Certified Telemedicine Clinical Presenter with Telestroke Specialty
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), one American dies from a stroke every 4 minutes. Telestroke programs are created to provide fast response to stroke patients in rural or remote areas. The Certified TeleMedicine Clinical Presenter with Telestroke Specialty Certification (CTCP) is designed so that its graduates will have the skills to correctly and confidently present stroke patients during virtual encounters with physicians and a variety of specialists.
CTCP: Certified Telemedicine Clinical Presenter
(PREREQUISITE: The CTCP must be clinically trained to complete a basic exam.)
The follow modules are included:
- Telemedicine/TeleHealth Essentials
- Telemedicine Clinical Applications: Live Video and Store & Forward
- Telemedicine Consultation: Before, During and After
- Video Conferencing Etiquette, Record Keeping, and Maintaining Presenter Skills
- The Attributes of a Successful Telemedicine Program and the Promotion & Advancement of Telehealth
- Remote Patient Monitoring
The following modules are included:
- TeleStroke Tutorial presentation
- TeleStroke video