We are one of the country’s leading resources for telehealth education, expertise, and implementation guidance. Selected as a federally designated Telehealth Resource Center, we’re the go-to source for unbiased information serving healthcare providers, health systems, clinics, government agencies and others interested in telehealth. With over 15 years experience and a national network of experts, we offer you an unparalleled depth and breadth of knowledge on telehealth.
We offer our clients a customized suite of services including:
- Onsite Telehealth Executive Overview
The Onsite Telehealth Executive Overview offers a full-day presentation developed specifically with your organization and its affiliated sites in mind. Participants will learn about a wide range of topics during the overview, including:
- What is telehealth
- Selecting clinical applications
- The predictors of success
- Technology overview
- Overcoming implementation obstacles
- Key financial considerations
- How to conduct a needs assessment
- Developing an implementation roadmap
- And much more!
This information-rich session will help arm your organization with the information needed to plan, launch, and grow your telehealth capability. Multiple sites within affiliated clinic networks can take part, with as many as 50 participants accommodated in a single session. Make this your first step on the road to success!
- Site Assessment
The experienced staff of the CTRC will personally visit each prospective telehealth location and meet with your clinical, IT, and administrative leadership staff to perform a comprehensive site assessment. This broad and deep review is essential to determining your current state of telehealth readiness. The areas explored during this review include:
- Specialty service needs
- Current payer mix
- Existing technical infrastructure, including:
- Broadband allocation
- Existing equipment
- Room location and set up
- Staffing and the level of telehealth experience
- Clinical, IT, and administrative leadership buy-in
The CTRC team will then create a detailed report based on the site assessment findings, including recommendations for staffing and equipment selection. Once this process is completed, your organization will be armed with the information that prepares you to develop telehealth capabilities. Completing the site assessment is essential to creating the strong foundation that supports future telehealth decisions.
- Onsite Implementation Workgroup
The Onsite Implementation Workgroup is a half-day interactive work session designed to guide sites step-by-step through the five phases of developing a telehealth program, including:
- Assessing clinical and administrative needs, technical infrastructure, and leadership support.
- Establishing the basic infrastructure of a program such as the telehealth team, specialty care partnerships, technology infrastructure, and revenue cycle management.
- Defining policies and procedures as well as staff roles.
- Implementing the needed technology, staff training, patient education, as well as provider orientation and education.
- Improving the process, whether through revenue cycle analysis improvement, provider satisfaction, or addressing possible cultural barriers to integration.
At the end of the workgroup, participants will be able to identify the steps necessary to move from concept through development to implementation and integration.
- Implementation Roadmap
With the knowledge gained from the findings of the Onsite Implementation Workgroup, the CTRC will then develop a comprehensive “roadmap” that outlines next steps and responsible parties for bringing a program from design to implementation to integration. This visual tool details the phases and individual steps in the implementation process. The following phases are included in the process:
The roadmap is especially helpful to visualize the interrelationship between the defined phases, stakeholders, tasks, and goals throughout the implementation process. The specific elements will be customized to the needs and goals of your organization. The roadmap report will include links to applicable CTRC resources, templates and guidelines.
- Onsite Training
Onsite Training offers a level of telehealth understanding that is needed to become familiar and comfortable not only with the technology that is a fundamental element of telehealth programs, but also patient-related and operational issues. The range of topics includes:
- Videoconferencing equipment
- Peripheral devices
- Software user training and basic troubleshooting
- Patient presentation techniques
- Staff roles and clinic operational flow
- Billing, contracting and financial models for specialty care services
- Overcoming the most common integration obstacles
Training and guidance in the proper techniques for successfully using the equipment will serve two purposes: protecting the investment in the technology and improving the patient care experience. These benefits can translate into improved efficiency as well as higher clinician/patient satisfaction levels.
- Enhanced Technical Assistance
Follow-up and/or refresher user training via live interactive video is an important consideration for maintaining competent skills. This training is intended to meet the specific needs of your organization and include:
- Patient presentation techniques
- Peripheral device utilization and troubleshooting
- Administrative requirements for telehealth consultation (i.e., chart preparation, video etiquette)
- Enhanced technical assistance also includes refresher training on billing, credentialing, staff roles, and best practices
Training is customized to the specific needs of staff and administrators. The emphasis on training is designed to ensure that every staff member is thoroughly prepared to provide the best care possible before the first telehealth consult is conducted.
- Project Management
Project Management encompasses the essential elements of start-to-finish program direction needed to ensure successful telehealth implementations in a range of client settings. CTRC offers comprehensive “one-stop shopping” telehealth solutions, tailored to both the needs and capabilities of each client organization. Key project management services include:
- Telehealth implementation project planning from concept development through go-live
- On-site equipment and patient presentation training coordination
- Clinician workflow analysis and engineering for incorporating telehealth
- Multiple entity communication facilitation
- Progress monitoring and weekly reporting
- Ongoing support throughout the duration of project implementation
The experienced and knowledgeable CTRC Project Management team, comprised of operational and medical consultants with over 20 years of telehealth implementation experience, will be your single point-of-contact throughout every stage of the planning, development, and implementation process.
If you are considering launching a telehealth program, have a program in place or looking to expand your program, our experts can serve as a valuable resource. We encourage you to contact us at (877) 590-8144 with any questions you may have on our services.